There are many ways to prevent odour in your compost bin.
- Our collections take place weekly during the warmest months, to minimize the duration the waste sits in the bin.
- Put newspaper, paper or leaves at the bottom of the bin to absorb excess moisture. Don’t put liquids in the bin.
- Wrap your stinky scraps like meat, fish or bones in newspaper or store in the freezer until close to collection day.
- Clean your bin regularly to help it stay fresh.
- The bins we provide come with a lid that helps contain any odour.